Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Fly Fishing for Trout in Other States

Old 09-24-2010, 12:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to Redfish62
Talking Manistee, MI

For quite some time the Manistee river in MI has been on my list of places to fly fish. Well this summer I made up my mind this would be my fall trip to some place I have not fish. Hooked up with a great guide Gary Melzer and spent a couple of days fishing with him. Weather was not the best, windy temps went from chilly to hot. Hooked up one nice salmon, did not land it. Landed a couple of nice small steal heads. Hooked up one big steel, fuaght it for quite a while it put on a great show jumping and flashing in the sun but I did not land it. Browns were great landed the largest brown I have had the privilage to tangle with. I was a great trip it was worth the drive to MI!

Old 09-24-2010, 06:19 PM

Great job man I know some folks up there and hope to get to fish up there one of these days! Nice looking brown.

http://gosmokies.knoxnews.com/profil...=2hvzainc23h5b

Hey Jack (JAB)...
Old 09-25-2010, 11:27 AM

Very nice. I haven't fished the Manistee yet, I've fished the Pere Marquette, Big Sable, and Little Manistee so far. You could easily fish all three of those in a day. I split most of my fishing trips between up Michigan and GSM. The Au Sable is on my list for next year.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:09 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to spotlight

Next time try the Manistique and the Fox in the UP Stay in Germfask at Northland Outfitters it's a great place and early June the fishing is just sick on the Fox. But the water moves fast.