Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 09-26-2010, 07:49 PM

Default caney sun 9-26

fished the caney today..... first this morn. at happy hollow did well with 3 very nice fish 1 rainbow pushing the 16 inch mark and a few nice 13-14 inch fish along with the usual stocked bows also got double slam with the 2nd brook rt at 12 inches...the browns were small around 10 inches....

went up to the dam after generation and had good luck there also....1st time in a long time fishing below the steps....landed 1 nice brown down by the sandbar before the first bluff.....he was about 12-13 inches.....nice deep yellow color pretty fish....all in all a good day on the caney first one wading it all day in a very long time been mostly floating with bill and wayne ,,,,met joe from over here in crossville very nice guy fished with him in the afternoon....all fish came on a #16 soft hackle streamer combination that i tie.... olive with crystal flash tied in to thorax and tail...
.... caught fish both on the dead drift and swing and stripping down and across,,,, bad news of the day both of my stocking foots on my waders have a leak somewhere....both socks were soaked ....if anyone has any ideas for finding the leaks in the booties and sealing them let me know...
dan
Old 09-28-2010, 06:25 PM

Google Simms wader repair. There is a nice u tube video on the subject. I think the iso-alcohol is a neat trick.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBKSTONE2 View Post
Google Simms wader repair. There is a nice u tube video on the subject. I think the iso-alcohol is a neat trick.
Wow, that is a great video on you tube for wader repair. Thanks for the help. It gets cold the rest of the year.