Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Old 10-06-2010, 09:12 PM

Default Fall evening Reds

Went out to a flat with my friend Martin after work this evening. This time of year that only leaves about an hour to fish before it is dark. Got out to the flat about 630pm and the water was already coming in on the spot I like to start. Saw a couple of tails, and Martin cast to one that ended up moving off into the deeper grass. I went to another spot and saw alot of movement, but it was all big baitfish. When I looked back around there is Martin with a fish on

It was a nice 24 inch red that he caught on a gold crab pattern that he tied himself. Not bad considering he has only been tying for about a month or two.

I saw some action a few hundred yards away and went to investigate....saw one fleeting tail that disappeared, then saw one tailing about 50 yards farther down. I made my way as quickly as possible and hooked a nice one on one of my spoon flies. It was a challenge keeping it out of the grass but I finally landed it..

It was a nice 29 inch fish. All in all a great evening on the flat. The wind was down and the fish were up and I got to share it with someone that enjoys fishing like I do.

John
Old 10-07-2010, 01:37 PM

Your a dog!!!!!!!!!!!! Those are some great looking fish. They really look healthy
Lynn
Old 10-07-2010, 02:06 PM

They are healthy right now...and getting fat for the oncoming winter. I love the fall and it finally cooling off, but I am dreading the days when there will be no tailing redfish!