Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Meet the New Members > New Members Board

Old 01-07-2011, 03:55 PM

Default New Member

My name is Gary Frankowski, I and my wife Candy live in Northern Ohio. Having recently retired we can now travel and fly fish all we want. My main interest is trout fishing. My wife and I have fished the past two years in Montana, Wyoming, Michigan and Maine. My wife's brother lives near Bean Station. We find ourselves in Tn. a lot now. We finally fished the Clinch River. In fact my wife and I fished it three times recently. I was surprised at the quality of the fishing. Having just purchased land by my brother in law I know we will be visiting a even more. I am really looking forward to exploring the fishing in the area. In fact I am thinking about purchasing a drift boat and keeping it in Tn.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:53 PM

Hello
Glad to have you here
Old 01-11-2011, 05:23 PM

Welcome! I'm a former Buckeye- moved south in 1965. That makes me a durnyankee (one word)- one who comes south and stays. My home river is the Hiwassee, farther south. Let me know and I would be glad to show you around or get someone who will help. Check out http://www.hiwassee.net.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:41 PM

Welcome aboard! I'm hoping to make it out west this year for the first time. I'm sure it's nothing like what we have here, but isn't fishing new water one of the best parts about this whole "fly fishin thing?"
Old 01-12-2011, 08:56 AM

Welcome! I would love to make it out west someday. Asfor the drift boat...Do it! my Dad bought one back in Sept. 2009 and we have never regretted it. There are so many places in TN, NC, KY, and GA as well as in the midwest to use them. The great thing about them is being able to fish parts of the river that aren't fished nearly as much. (the big ones seem to be there!) It is also nice for storage purposes too. We keep ours in our garage and keep all our fly fishing items in its compartments. I am not sure what brand you are looking at, but we have a Hyde Pro Series Low Profile and highly recommend it. I have been in a few clackacrafts too and they are very nice. One suggestion though, if you get one, make sure you buy the lighter oars. They are a little more expensive, but well worth it. Once again welcome to the board. I look foreward to hearing about some of your trout fishing adventures!
Garrett