Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 01-09-2011, 01:07 PM

Not exactly dream trips but 3 that I am looking forward to this year, dreaming about if you will are.... annual trip with all my good old friends to an undisclosed location in the park for three days of camping, fishing, and guy talk.

I am dreaming of this years Cobia run on the beaches of home in Jacksonville. I even dusted off the 10wt this weekend and double hauled some 80 foot casts.

Then my families annual trip to Costa Rica. We are looking at some new property. Costa is always a blast. Don't ever get to fish enough with the wife and girls and in laws but I manage a few fish.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:39 PM

Went to Alaska the last two summers. Resolution is to get back to monthly camping and fishing trips to GSM. Maybe a salt water trip or two thrown in.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:47 PM

Not exactly my dream trip, but very good anyway, Hoping to catch my first grayling. I tried over three years ago, and actually had one on. This time I'm landing him lol. Anyway, heading to eastern Finland in Northern Karelia. Got family there so I'll kill two birds if you know what I mean. Going to fish some short but heavy turbulent rapids coming out of Russian Karelia. Not going until late August to avoid mosquito ****.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:59 PM

WVBrookie,

Thanks for reminding me. I need to send in my photos for the WY slam.
Let me know if you need any info on the Bear River Cut, Snake River Cut. I did not catch my Colorado Cut out of the Labarge, but it is open for fishing again.
All of the three above can be caught within 1 to 2 hours drive depending upon how one drives on gravel roads.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlstiehl View Post
WVBrookie,

Thanks for reminding me. I need to send in my photos for the WY slam.
Let me know if you need any info on the Bear River Cut, Snake River Cut. I did not catch my Colorado Cut out of the Labarge, but it is open for fishing again.
All of the three above can be caught within 1 to 2 hours drive depending upon how one drives on gravel roads.
Thanks for the offer but I completed my Slam in 2007. I actually caught the Bonneville and Snake River in two streams each.

I plan to do it again next year with four new streams.

Chris
Old 01-10-2011, 10:47 AM

Working on two trips for '11. I'll be coming to the Smoky's with a few friends. Them off to the Black Hills with the family.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:55 AM

patagonia in february ..... i cant wait

DD
Old 01-11-2011, 09:14 AM

I plan on going after cobia too. Instead of Jacksonville, we will be off of Destin. We have caught them before on conventional tackle. Usually when the destin cobia run starts, so does the run of smaller spanish mackeral, so I plan on trying for some of those also.

My second would be to go back to Arkansas and fish the Little Red again. I would also like to fish the white and norfork as well.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:00 PM

I would like to go back to Callaway Gardens in West GA. to fish the lakes for trophy size largemouth and bream and maybe a guided trip over on the Flint river for shoal bass. Visited CG last summer, did not get to fish, but it is a warm water fly fishers paradise!
Old 01-11-2011, 05:16 PM

North Platte WY July 16th