Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 01-09-2011, 06:23 PM

Default Wadable Water

I am new to this board and new to trout fishing in Tn. I was wondering if some of you would be kind enough to offer some opinions on how the wade fishing is on the Clinch and Holston. On our last couple of visits I went with a guide on the Clinch. Had a great time and was impressed with the fishing but saw little opportunity for wading. I understand the Holston is difficult to wade because of the private land issues and crowds. Over New Years I did take a look at Holston by the dam and talked to two fellows with a canoe. Turned out they were bait fisherman and one proudly held up a stringer of trout for me to see. There were three trout with the largest about 26 inches and smallest about 19 inches. Thanks for any advice you may have.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:37 PM

Trico, the Clinch has some excellant opportunities for wade fishing. Any time the generators have been off for at least an hour there is access below the dam at several points. Also down stream from the dam at Miller's Island there is good wade fishing. Always be aware the conditions may change quickly if the generators are turned on.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:59 PM

Trico,

You may want to check out this information on the draining of the Clinch below the dam.

http://www.crctu.com/Drain_Down/clinch_drain.htm

Neal