Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 02-06-2011, 05:40 PM

Default Gatlinburg DH??

Hey guys, anybody fished the DH waters in town? Going to be there in a week or so and was wandering how it was doing. We fished it last year in the middle of February and did great in town and below the kids park. Thanks!!
Old 02-07-2011, 11:55 AM

Send a message via AIM to 2weightfavorite

fished it a little while ago, couple weeks maybe. Caught a few fish down through the spur between Gburg and Pigeon Forge, but did not even see a fish in down town G burg. Maybe it was more than a couple weeks ago, I think it was in December...Anyway. The DH in G burg just doesnt seem to be gettting near the numbers of fish that it used to. In fact I would say even during thee open season the fish numbers seem down a bit. However, theres alwats a couple thousand trout per mile in th NP! If you find a lack of fish in the DH I would not waste any more time and go to Greenbriar or the Little River. The park has fished well for me all winter.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:53 PM

They stocked it this past Thursday and will be stocking every other Thursday from now until normal stocking starts back up. I went to school with the boy over the trout farm and we both work for the city so he keeps me updated now. I watched 5 really nice fish in the hole near Christ In The Smokies (Christus Gardens) the other day, all between 14 and 18 inches. They are putting most of the fish along River Road down town right now, but most of the holdover fish have migrated down near the welcome center.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:41 PM

Thanks for the help guys. The guy I'm going with fished the west prong back around Christmas and said it was fishing well. I think we might do that instead of fishing in town.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:39 PM

Default Otters in the G'burg DH...

My wife and I just got home from a weekend in Gatlinburg. We didn't fish but we stayed at the Riverhouse Motor Lodge which is next door to Christ in the Smokies. Sunday night we were standing on our balcony watching and listening the the water when we saw two grown otters coming upstream in the shallows next to the bank. We watched them until they were out of sight moving toward the park. We we surprised to see them in town. Those nice fish may not be in that hole anymore.

Mike