Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 02-12-2011, 08:16 PM

Smile

Travis --- yeah I'm pretty sure I have seen you around those shoals up there just hookin' fish after fish and shooting pics when I was struggling to get a hit down below you!! Sure, would like to hook up with you sometime .... as I am, how do you say, RETIRED!!!! But, I relate to working people as I put in 36 yrs in the labor force AFTER 4 yrs in the military and 5 yrs at UT. (Hey, that makes me sound a WHOLE LOT older than I feel!) Friday is my favorite day to fish, but Mon - Thu work equally as well for me!!! Are you on FaceBook? Send me a PM on Facebook (Phil Snapp).

Phil
Old 02-12-2011, 10:31 PM

Phil,

I tend to fish those lower shoals more than the upper ones. Most everybody else who fishes in that area fishes from the big shoal upstream, but I cross the river and hike downstream. I prefer the deep slow water where I can bounce my midge rig along the bottom.

I do recall seeing somebody come in from the opposite side of the river just a couple hundred yards downstream a few times. Was that you? Did you and another guy drag a canoe through the field and woods down to the river one time?

Next Saturday is out since I will be at LRO, but I may be able to get a yard pass from the wife on Sunday after early service. I will let you know if it is a possibility.

My Blog --> http://tnfishingfanatic.blogspot.com/

My Photo Site --> http://knxtravis80.zenfolio.com/

Email ChemEAngler
Old 02-12-2011, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemEAngler View Post
Phil,

I tend to fish those lower shoals more than the upper ones. Most everybody else who fishes in that area fishes from the big shoal upstream, but I cross the river and hike downstream. I prefer the deep slow water where I can bounce my midge rig along the bottom.
Not everyone...
Old 02-13-2011, 09:52 AM

Travis,
It was slow downstream too. We managed just a few fish in areas that are normally very busy. I did see a couple BWOs on top of the water and mostly small midges.
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 02-13-2011, 11:11 AM

Travis --- no way I was dragging a canoe! That sounds like way too much work for me! I have seen those guys dragging their canoe, and they are much younger and energetic than me!