Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 02-26-2011, 11:30 AM

Default anyone wanna buddy up?

if you've read any of my recent posts, i'm new to trout fishing. i've been fly fishing for many years, but not for trout, and now i live here in townsend. I'm available to fish mon, tues, or wed, and if any of you are free to fish and would like to buddy up, make new friends, do some fishing, etc, i'd welcome the opportunity to buddy up! can meet anywhere you like (you probably know better than i where to fish!), i've been told greenbriar, sugarlands area, and WPLP should be good choices right now, but if you have another area in mind, that's great too! anyone wanna go fishing?
Old 02-26-2011, 12:51 PM

I would love to go fishing with you, wizard, but I've got budget hearings coming up over the next couple of weeks at work and won't be able to shake loose until closer towards the end of the month. I'll probably drop you a line once I see what my schedule will be later on and we can plan on an early week trip somewhere. Looking forward to meeting up with you.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:16 PM

sounds good stana, just let me know when you can get free and i'll make some time. look forward to the trip, don't work too hard!
Old 02-27-2011, 10:21 AM

Hey Wizard; wouldn't mind doing some fishing with you, moved here from Maine last summer.

As I'm virtually computer illiterate and don't know how to message here....

My Cell 865-255-4840

For that matter anyone else wants to give me a call (even to B-tch me out) feel free!

Been wanting to talk to PINEMAN19 Neal since I met him briefly last summer.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:38 PM

Wizard, I will likely fish the park this Wednesday. I'll make sure that the weather and my schedule allow. I'll post on here when I'm sure and you can shoot me an email.

jasonkelkins at yahoo dot com
Old 02-27-2011, 10:40 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to spotlight

Jason shoot me an e-mail if you plan on going for sure. If it's slow at work i may join you and get a jump on this weekends backpack trip.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:44 AM

corbo, i'll get in touch with you today. my cell is (843)813-8883 so you know who's calling from a strange area code lol... the weather today is supposed to get nasty in the smokies and here in townsend; so tommorrow the water will llikely be up and muddy, so wed. is probably the better day (In my rookie opinion?). Grouse, let me know if you're going to be making it to the park as well; you've got my cell now too or drop a line on here
Old 03-01-2011, 05:39 PM

corbo, i'll call you shortly; grouseman, are you going to hit the park tommorrow as planned?

Mac29449@yahoo.com
Old 03-01-2011, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard View Post
corbo, i'll call you shortly; grouseman, are you going to hit the park tommorrow as planned?
Little River is running at about 1,000 CFS right now. Median flow is a little more than 300 CFS. It should drop a bunch more over night. I'm going to take a wait and see approach and will make a decision later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrouseMan77 View Post
Little River is running at about 1,000 CFS right now. Median flow is a little more than 300 CFS. It should drop a bunch more over night. I'm going to take a wait and see approach and will make a decision later tonight or tomorrow morning.
It looks like LR is around 700 CFS this morning. I may wait till after lunch. I'd love to try and meet up some other time. Wizard, feel free to shoot me an email. I am usually free on Wednesdays.