Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 03-05-2011, 11:17 PM

Default Cheoah below Fontana

Iíve not fished Cheoh Lake in some years now. The last time that I fished it I threw mainly streamers and had just a pile of chasers but, not many takers. I had some shoulders coming after my streamer but, the day wasnít the best of conditions. It was a bright blue bird day and it was almost noon before I got my licenses, found the boat ramp on the other side and made it to the head waters. Iím hoping with the new ramp just below the bridge that that one is less a hassle and threatening as the other. Iím a pretty good sized fella and not usually nervous about things especially good ole boys being that I can fit the bill pretty well myself but, those ďgood oleĒ boys over there were a different breed unto themselves. I also had a nice surprise when I returned to find that the water was 4 feet lower than when I started. I backed my 05 King Ranch as far as I dare into the mud at the end of the ramp and then still had to mud bog the boat onto the trailer which instantly sunk to the axle. I thought I was never going to get out of that place. With all that said. Has anyone fished Fontanaís tail waters within the last year or so? If so have you caught any good size fish? Would anyone be interested in giving it a shot here in the next few weeks? If you have caught fish and donít want to tell about it I will offer my boat, gas, and free ride with a closed lip if you wish to keep it a secret.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:27 PM

I often wonder when I ask a question and everyone is tight lipped if that means anything. LOL!! Is there anyone enterested in going sometime in the near future? I have a boat that we can fish from. You will need to have a N.C. fishing and trout stamp. They were $40 two years ago. I believe they are still around the same.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:06 AM

Everytime I drive by there, I always wonder how it would fish. If you're looking for some company, shoot me an email. ramappraisals@yahoo.com
Old 03-08-2011, 10:05 PM

If you can't get in touch with buzz shoot me an email. I am really interested in trying out the mountain lakes.

jasonkelkins at yahoo dot com