Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 09-02-2014, 10:22 PM

Default smoky mtn trout fishing

Old smoky mtn trout fisherman here. Nothing I did was just born in WNC. Lifelong resident minus 2 yrs in usmc 1969-1970. Totally enjoy LRO site. One of the best for WNC and E TN trout anglers. Park is almost evenly dividend with NC containing approximately 30,000 acres more in land mass. Many people ask me which state has the best trout fshing. I would have to say both states have unbelievable fishing for those who know how to fish small streams. NC has the more remote locations because of Fontana. TN has tremendous water quality and is generally more assessable. If you are new to Smoky Mtn trout fishing check first with LRO. Go Heels go Vols.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:04 AM

Nice post 1951. I'm an old guy too, haven't had as much experience in Smokies as some, but enjoy it as often as I can. It's 8 hours away for me, but not too far to keep me away.

Thanks to all who post generously herein. Nice tips, offers to help, and even suggestions for places to try. The photos keep me returning to the forum almost daily just to enjoy someone else's trip.

Keep the good posts coming, especially you seniors like 1951!