Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tackle and Gear

Old 03-21-2011, 05:43 PM

Default Korkers Redside Wading Boots Review

Hey,

I decided I needed a new pair of wading/hiking boots. After a little research, I purchased a pair of the Korkers Redside convertible wading boots. They came with a pair of Kling-On soles and the standard felts. I have a pair of the older Wetland and Outfitters boots and have had some of the same issues with those boots that others have experienced on the forum, but I still think I have gotten my monies worth with a little repair, etc.

On to a quick review of the Redsides! I used them two days in the Smokies over last weekend. Hiked and fished approximately 13-14 miles in them and so far so good I like the way the new soles go all the way to the edge of the sole, provides better traction on the slick mountain streams. I tried the Kling-Ons a little bit both days, not bad, but now where as sure as felt IMO. With water levels being higher than normal I didn't feel like risking a fall

Only two days of use, but so far I like them better than the older models I have been using for the last 5-6 years. Heavier made, better traction in the water, all in all, I give a thumbs up at this juncture.

Neal
Old 03-24-2011, 08:00 AM

I like the looks of those. I got a pair of korkers cross currents early last year and they came apart at the toes after a year of use which had me upset. However, the guy at korkers was great I shipped them back and he sent me a new pair upgraded that looks like there is an extra line of stitching along the front seam where the toes are at. I have only used them a couple of times this year but so far so good.

http://gosmokies.knoxnews.com/profil...=2hvzainc23h5b

Hey Jack (JAB)...