Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Old 04-14-2011, 01:45 PM

Thumbs up It is that time again

Tails are up and we are starting a nice high tide cycle through the beginning of next week. Reds will be tailing on the flats.

In addition the cobia have started showing up in the broad.....there will be opportunities to cast flies to cobia this weekend as well, I am sure.

JohnH0802
Old 04-15-2011, 12:09 PM

Well I fished yesterday evening after work. The fish were there, I just didn't do my part. I saw about 6 tailing fish, and the two guys I was fishing with saw 5 or so a piece. Not a one of us hooked up. Most of our inability to hook up was due to Buck Fever.

I was able to cast to two fish, one I couldn't get to get interested in my fly, and the other did not take it kindly being struck in the head with my crab pattern.

It was still a great day on the water, and a joy to see them back on the short grass flats. I hope this evening is more productive.

John
Old 04-15-2011, 02:05 PM

John,
You need to get one of those waterproof video cameras and capture some of these adventures. I am sure you could get some awesome footage of these fish. That way; us landlocked guys could see how much fun we are missing...
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 04-15-2011, 04:12 PM

I have been looking at them, but there are so many out there I wouldn't know what to get. It is on my list of things to do.

John
Old 04-15-2011, 09:42 PM

Thumbs up GoPro Cameras

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnH0802 View Post
I have been looking at them, but there are so many out there I wouldn't know what to get. It is on my list of things to do.

John
I have heard great things about the brand: GoPro and this is one I have on my wish list. Plus; they are very affordable and are starting to be widely used/popular. 1080P is great quality for a video camera that you can attach on the boat and let be...

Check out their website for all their models and prices. Very capable cameras and very durable for our uses.

GoPro http://gopro.com/products/

to choose, to respond, to change.”