Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Boats, Canoes and Kayaks

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2011, 11:33 AM
Bfish Bfish is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: SE TN
Posts: 134

Originally Posted by MadisonBoats View Post
You will need a 50+ # thrust to navigate upwards on the Clinch on one generator. The issue will come when you start looking at 24v trolling motors; then you will need two-batteries.
If you are only using it to head upstream, a small gas motor might be a better option. For example I have a 3 hp Tanaka that weighs only 24 lbs. 3hp is roughly 200 lbs of thrust. A single deep-cycle marine battery is going to be 60+ lbs.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:37 AM
MadisonBoats's Avatar
MadisonBoats MadisonBoats is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Norris, TN
Posts: 2,093
Post Helpful HIN/BIN Information & Links

*Guys, you want to get your boat registered if at all possible. You will have to pay about $9 a year to maintain it and incur potential tax fees in the beginning. However; this will help protect your boat from theft and allow you to recover it if stolen. Also; it will allow you to insure the boat. It is fairly affordable to get property insurance and liability insurance for a boat. Also; this helps with piece of mind. Please note that most insurers utilize a $500 incident deductible unless you request something lower.

This link answers the TWRA/State questions:


*However, the counties have different requirements. Most boats will have a HIN or BIN number if you look good enough. On Aluminum boats; check the transom area for numbers that have been filled in with paint.

HIN Location and link to request form:


Hull ID Numbers and how to interpret them:


Manufacturer ID Information:

“Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:28 AM
Tyrillius Tyrillius is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 14
Default HIN on a drift boat

Had my visit from the TWRA agent on Friday to assign a HIN to my boat. As it turned out it already had one but not on the transom. The agent informed me that typically boat manufacturers put them in more than one place. My drift boat had it near the nose under the outside edge. The agent said that even though it had a HIN since it wasn't displayed on the transom it was good that I submitted the form to get one assigned and the boat inspected. They are going to make one that matches my boat to put on the transom.

I guess when the previous owner had my boat reglassed the one on the hull was covered.
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.