Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > In The Backcountry

Old 05-12-2011, 04:22 PM

Default Carts

Troutpharm,
I had the same question last fall. Below is the link to my post. At the end of the thread someone references the park regs that tell you where you can/can't take a cart, size restrictions on cart, etc.

http://littleriveroutfitters.com/for...ghlight=lexfly
Old 05-16-2011, 03:31 PM

Lexfly,

thanks for the info. We are still up in the air on where we are headed. Interesting cart size limits. Not sure I have ever seen one as small as the regulations describe.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexfly View Post
Troutpharm,
I had the same question last fall. Below is the link to my post. At the end of the thread someone references the park regs that tell you where you can/can't take a cart, size restrictions on cart, etc.

http://littleriveroutfitters.com/for...ghlight=lexfly
Lexfly,

Thanks for posting the link to the old thread. I had actually forgotten about that and apologize for the incorrect info I provided.

jasonkelkins at yahoo dot com
Old 05-18-2011, 12:13 PM

troutpharm,
None of the 3 of our carts were the correct size, but we didn't know about it until after we had made/bought them. No one said anything to us, but we didn't see any park rangers either.
Grouseman,
No problem at all. I only get to the park once or twice a year so it is pretty easy for me to remember my posts!
Old 05-19-2011, 12:36 AM

I can tell you that regardless of the *legality* of carts on Eagle or Forney-- the trail (especially on Forney) and the creek crossings (especially on Eagle) will probably make you abandon any carts you bring. (I did just get back from Forney and saw a group of guys using a cart to haul gear two tenths of a mile to CS74. They did seem like an awesome group of older hellraisers that would have been fun to hang out with. I hope they have a blast!)

With regards to fishable waters, I like 89 on Eagle or 74 or 71 on Forney. If you're looking to bring a bunch of gear that you won't have to carry far and still have access to good stretches of water, I would recommend 74 over 90.