Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 05-12-2011, 10:34 AM

Default Twra

Article about the TWRA being placed in wind down mode. I contacted Representative Jim Cobb before this action and was assured by him that the threatened wind down lack truth.
http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_201037.asp
Old 05-12-2011, 01:37 PM

This is the very reason commissioners are wary of making any decisions whatsoever. If they make a decision like more restriction on creel limits etc...it will make some legislator unhappy, and then in turn he wants to get rid of the agency. Last years sandhill crane debate and the previous years debates on restricting creels on tailwaters (which took years to happen) are perfect examples. I for one believe the commissioners should listen to their scientists and base their decision on science and economics. Legislators need to stay out of it except for the appointments to the commission and whatever regulatory roles they may have.

Deer farming...give me a break!
Old 05-12-2011, 02:58 PM

Dang you guys fight the exact same battle down there that we fight up here in Kentucky. We have some commisioners that have been re appointed so many times that they finally passed a law for term limits. We have two that represent Eastern KY. that I cannot wait to see go.