Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 05-13-2011, 08:06 PM

Default May Showers

Well, I took a day off and headed to the mountains. Arrived at my aunts house in Knoxville to realize I had contracted a really nasty little cold. Had some dinner and talked for a bit and went to bed. I woke to feeling even worse but decided I would take some daytime cold medicine and head to the mountains anyway. I found a lot of skinny water and found that my dropper was hanging up too much so I went with a dry only and started catching fish instead of spooking them by getting my line unsnagged off the bottom. I was there about an hour and caught three fish but the thunderstorms moved in and I got soaked. I decided it was best to go to my sisters to dry off and recoup and try again tomorrow. If I do well I will post more later. There are a few more pics on my blog. I'll be back in the morning and hopefully have a brookie or two to post.

Old 05-14-2011, 09:06 PM

Default Hey Blue

How long u in for.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:06 PM

Hey 108! Thinking about hitting it for an hour or two when I wake up (don't know when it will be). Gonna try and go over to roaring fork but I've been sick as a dog. I'll be in my wife's corrolla and park at the bottom of the hill on the exit side and fishing my way up. If I can remember I'll post in the a.m. when I'm leaving. That's about as good as I can do on short notice. Hope you and yours are well. I've gotten a lot better since we last met. Still not much of a nymph fisherman, at least in the park.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:25 PM

yeah I've not been keeping up with the board much lately.I posted just after I seen you where in.I'm Going to be out around G Burg,But it will be early I have to be back home by 10 or 11.I hope you feel better and catch some tomorrow.I fish the nymphs early but have been doing pretty good on the dries lately.Maybe we can hook up next time your in,the boys have quit so I've been solo this year.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:52 AM

108 the dries were excellent. Caught about 10 in 3 hours. One or two decent ones and the rest were real small. Keep in touch and I'll try and post earlier about my next trip.

BRF

Last edited by BlueRaiderFan; 05-16-2011 at 12:52 PM..
Old 05-17-2011, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRaiderFan View Post
Well, I took a day off and headed to the mountains. Arrived at my aunts house in Knoxville to realize I had contracted a really nasty little cold. Had some dinner and talked for a bit and went to bed. I woke to feeling even worse but decided I would take some daytime cold medicine and head to the mountains anyway. I found a lot of skinny water and found that my dropper was hanging up too much so I went with a dry only and started catching fish instead of spooking them by getting my line unsnagged off the bottom. I was there about an hour and caught three fish but the thunderstorms moved in and I got soaked. I decided it was best to go to my sisters to dry off and recoup and try again tomorrow. If I do well I will post more later. There are a few more pics on my blog. I'll be back in the morning and hopefully have a brookie or two to post.

Nice reel.

4X
Old 05-17-2011, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourx View Post
Nice reel.

4X
I'm going to have to quit the internets
Old 05-17-2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRaiderFan View Post
I'm going to have to quit the internets