Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Troutfest

Old 05-16-2011, 12:51 PM

Default A word of thanks

Hey everyone,
I wanted to take a minute to thank the folks who invited me to be a part of Troutfest. I especially wanted to thank all of the people who showed up for the fly tying demonstration. My wife and I were really amazed at the large group that continued to be there and very interested in the presentation that we were giving. It was your support and interest that made it a success. I met so many people, old friends, new friends, and people that I have been wanting to see for many years. Steve Yates and I will probably be friends for the rest of our lives. Again, to all the many people who came by and participated in our little session, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts. I hope to meet you there again or on the stream.
Hugh
Old 05-27-2011, 10:59 AM

Definitely one of the highlights of Troutfest this year was getting to meet Hugh and wife. Hugh and I have exchanged emails for years, but just never ran into each other. He is pretty much exactly what I expected. A gentleman and fine tier and fisherman. One of the reasons I love coming to Troufest is getting to see friends that I may not see any other time of year. Troutfest has a special place in my heart for that very reason. Of all the fishing shows and venues I tie at every year, Troutfest is without a doubt my favorite. It doesn't get much better than spending the weekend with people like Grouseman, Lefty, Ray, Don, Byron, Paula, Walter, Hugh and their better halves.