Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > In The Backcountry

Old 05-27-2011, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrouseMan77 View Post
Nice report guys. That trip remains untouched on my list. I bet I could drag a fish or two out of the water in that "Forney Cascades" pic.

It looks like a great hole for sure, but it is the upper cascades in the picture ( near the head waters of Forney, above 6 and the lower part of the cascades ( the trail seems to cross between them) is the boundary for trout so the are supposedly no trout in Forney at and above the point in the picture. We stopped there for a break and to eat lunch on the way back up and watching the pool for th ebetter part of 45 min, we never saw any signs of fish, but we did see some large salamanders and big stick caddis larvae moving around.

One thing we also forgot to mention... While hiking on the trail, coming around a bend between 70 and 69 we ran into a Grouse but it darted into the thick rhodo on one side of the trail before Jason could get a picture of it.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:32 PM

fwiw.......

i was at CS 74 last weekend, and one guy who stayed at 68 the night before said that a bear had come and snatched his food away shortly after he had cooked it....
Old 05-27-2011, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDuncan View Post
We stopped there for a break and to eat lunch on the way back up and watching the pool for th ebetter part of 45 min, we never saw any signs of fish, but we did see some large salamanders and big stick caddis larvae moving around.
I may go up there and poke around to see if I can pull one out of there.

jasonkelkins at yahoo dot com
Old 05-30-2011, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinumberger View Post
fwiw.......

i was at CS 74 last weekend, and one guy who stayed at 68 the night before said that a bear had come and snatched his food away shortly after he had cooked it....

with all the trash left around at that site, I don't doubt it.