Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > In The Backcountry

Old 06-02-2011, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineman19 View Post
Those timbers have been there at least 2 years. Too bad they spent all that money on treated lumber and it's allowed to rot along the sides of the trail. I know they have limited resources, but why buy and put the timber along the trail unless they have to the means to complete the project?

Neal
I just bought a bunch of those for a project at my house. An 8' 6x6 runs $20. there must be a few grand worth of the things lying along the trail.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:01 AM

I appreciate all of your thoughts and comments. I actually did as much research on this trail as I could, I however did not consult a good topo, a mistake I will not make again. When we selected this trail and campsite, we were wanting remote area and we got it. I was probably most disappointed in the condition of the trail and the campsite at #55. In retrospect we would have been very comfortable at almost all of the sites that we passed on the way up. The water access was better at almost all of the sites. As far as my pack weight, we were about as bare as we are going to be for my comfort level. I am looking at a better tent and sleeping bags, but for as often as we go, we are down to minimum for the expense.

The prognosis on the ankle is good, it is an avulsion fracture with no surgery or hard cast needed. It looks like a cast/boot for a few weeks and some therapy.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:26 PM

Drugcop,
Glad to hear that your injury was not as severe as first thought. Hope you heal quickly and are able to get back out ther.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:58 PM

I can happily report that I am already planning a trip in late October. I will most likely not backpack as I doubt time will allow, however I will be in the river, most likely East Prong, and Little river above Elkmont. I have two more weeks of a Frankenstein Boot, then "special" braces on both ankles for the rest of my life.

My Doctor and Family have determined that I am a stubborn *** for backpacking out 5 miles on a double break. I bed I won't do that again. Thanks to all of you for your kind words/wishes.