Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 05-29-2011, 10:56 PM

Default Hungry Brookies

Had one of the best days I have had in a looooong time. hooked up with one of the MTFF guys thats up here for the annual outing and headed up _____ Creek.
the brookies were willing and ready, started with a stimulator with a little polish nymph I tie, caught 10 most coming on the stimulator, the I got tired of the dropper rig and went to a female Adams. caught 10 on the Adams. Man they were bright colored fish, I will post pictures when I get home.
Had to stop around 2 and head back to the wife and daughter. I also got a little frustrated with the hikers. Had one woman step in the next run to take pictures of me and my buddy fishing and of course after she finished taking pictures I caught a nice Brookie, Walked up to show her the fish. "That sure is a little fish, do they get bigger?" This was a 7" Brookie. Some people just don't understand!
Old 05-30-2011, 08:20 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vern View Post
Had one woman step in the next run to take pictures of me and my buddy fishing and of course after she finished taking pictures I caught a nice Brookie, Walked up to show her the fish. "That sure is a little fish, do they get bigger?" This was a 7" Brookie. Some people just don't understand!
Glad you had a great day I'd love to see the pics

Gotta love the Tourons! I'm always amazed at how sheltered and ignorant some people can be. When I go boating I always get asked, "Are you cold", which I have come to expect, but when they ask if I plan to paddle upstream or downstream (At Sinks parking lot in front of 10 foot waterfall)I really have to fight my urge to say something, and just smile and walk away