Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 06-10-2011, 06:44 PM

Default Picture

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction about posting photos. These aren't the best pics, but this is one of the biggest reainbows I have caught on the Caney. The first picture was taken while I was trying to wear him out. He was reluctant to come in. I'll post the second picture in a follow-up.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:49 PM

I thought I posted this but I don't see it. If it shows up twice, my apologies. I got this guy up for a quick picture. He isn't showing hiscolorful side, but he is a big boy (or girl)

Old 06-10-2011, 07:00 PM

Big boy indeed. From the color of the fins and what I can see of his sides, he looks like he has some good color. I had a terrible time posting pics, so I can relate. Congrats on the catch. Regards, Silvercreek
Old 06-10-2011, 10:06 PM

It was a very healthy fish. I caught only one more that day, and it was my first brook on the Caney. It was probably close to 14 inches and very helthy. Here is the one picture my wife got of it in the water.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercreek View Post
There still may be an opportunity in the southeast part of the state. It seems the emergence was later there and they hang around for about 3 weeks or so after they emerge. Maybe the Hiwassee has them, but don't know for sure. It's the best opportunity to catch a big fish that otherwise would not likely be feeding on top. I made three trips and had a blast. Just wish the Caney had gotten wadeable earlier in the hatch. Link to map, just scroll down.
http://web.utk.edu/~extepp/cicada/Cicadapage.htm
They are basically done here, was rocking for the last month, but really took a step back last weekend. I would say by now it is long since over. They started around the 8th of May here