Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 06-28-2011, 08:36 PM

Default Anyone fishing the Clinch this weekend?

Anyone going to venture out and fish the Clinch this holiday weekend? I've got a 3-day weekend and plan on fishing at least one day if the water release schedule cooperates. It's been at least a month or more since Ive fished it, anyone have an idea how its been fishing recently?
Old 06-28-2011, 10:17 PM

Water schedules will be predictable. Off until 10 am, then 1 from 10-2, then 2 from 2 until some point.

And no I won't be on the Clinch this weekend, way too many folks for my tastes. But good luck to you, hope you catch a pile.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:34 PM

Thanks for the info. Yeah I'm sure it will be a madhouse but my opportunities to fish the clinch are pretty slim lately so ill take what I can get. I believe it was memorial day weekend last time I fished it and I came out alive with a few fish stories so we will see how it goes.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterwolf View Post
Water schedules will be predictable. Off until 10 am, then 1 from 10-2, then 2 from 2 until some point.

Agreed, unless we get some severe rains or lack of...

rbreedi1, be sure to download the Recreational Schedule from TVA. They adhere to this most of the time; unless there are some serious weather instances or technical issues at the dams.

The river has been super busy on the weekend. You need to be there by 6am if you want a spot in the tourist areas...I fished it a few times and met some really kind and friendly people. Just try and keep an open mind and expect it to be busy.
to choose, to respond, to change.”