Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 07-18-2011, 05:37 PM

Default Some fishing LR above elkmont and West Prong LR

Not much of a report but I'll post. Spent last week on a family vaction camping a couple days at Elkmont and staying at a ranch in Walland, Got a chance to fish an hour at Elkmont last Monday and about 2 hours Tuesday. Thursday I got about 30 minutes on West Prong righ before that hellacious thunderstorm. I tried yellows (stimulator, palmer, and something else) without much success. Then switched to thunderhead. That worked pretty good, Fish are definitely in the faster water. Missed quite a few but landed a few as well. All rainbows. I had a pretty nice one on West Prong LR looked to be 10-11" but he managed to hook around a boulder and pulled free. My mess up there. Oh well, good time though but wished I could have fished a little more. Got the kids fishing as well. Hope to get back in the next month for a backcountry trip.

Old 07-18-2011, 06:40 PM

Thanks for the report and pics!
Old 07-18-2011, 08:22 PM

Nice! Headed back up there on the 5th myself. Nice fish that little girl has too!
Old 07-19-2011, 07:42 AM

Nice report, and I'm glad you got out for a while. There have certainly been some downpours lately with the afternoon storms! See the thread about Cherokee's hatchery. Meanwhile, only about 200 miles away in the Virginia piedmont, we can't hardly get a sprinkle to settle the dust lately. I guess we need to pay the preachers better or something. Good luck with your next outting!