Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Fishing Classic Rods and Gear

Old 05-31-2011, 03:51 PM

Default bamboo bug

Any advice? My " go to" rod in the smoky's in a 7'3" 2 weight. I mainly fish the smaller streams for wild trout. Hoping some folks will chime in. Thanks...........
Old 05-31-2011, 06:17 PM

Yonder. I was bitten by the boo bug some years ago. I am going to drop two names for you that are great builders and affordable rods. GMREEVES (on board) and Walter Babb (go through LRO). I met Gm some years back and cast some of his rods. Excellent young man and great quality in work He can definately give you some great advice (or build you a rod). Walter makes a dry fly special in a 4wt or 5wt if I am not mistaken. They are definately a dream to cast. Personally in cane I like a 5wt because they are slower and a 5wt can be used anywhere. Main thing is to research and research then you just have to pull the trigger and buy. DO NOT BUY INTO HYPE just because a certain author prefers one. They are great builders who authors have never met who build for fractions of the price.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:34 AM

thanks for the info.......I will definitely look into this.