Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 07-30-2011, 11:11 AM

Default Found: Another Spinning Rod/Reel (Clinch River-Weir Dam)

I found another spinning rod/reel this morning at the weir dam on the Clinch River. Send me an email if you have lost one and can describe it.
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 07-30-2011, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonBoats View Post
I found another spinning rod/reel this morning at the weir dam on the Clinch River. Send me an email if you have lost one and can describe it.
Madison-

It seems like a lot of rods have been "lost" lately. Wonder if the game warden showed up, the people got scared, and ditched their rod & reel in the river. Just a thought.

Bill
Old 07-30-2011, 03:13 PM

Maybe.... I know the TWRA Officers have been busy on the Clinch and will continue to be active the rest of the summer. Plenty of citations for ignorance! I just wish they would get more of the slot-fish mongers. I seem them walk out in hoards with slot-fish when the water comes up.

Old 07-31-2011, 10:16 AM

Yes, I've seen them also. I remember one time last year, when I was fishing Miller Island and saw spin fishers hauling trout out of the Clinch by the bucket full. I said something relatively polite like they had better be careful or they might get a citation. Didn't confront them directly as there was two of them, and one of me.

Hopefully with greater enforcement along the Clinch, the word will get around to go someplace else!

Bill
Old 07-31-2011, 10:03 PM

Hey I am always looking for one. I bet it is long and skinny lol Its been so long since I have used a spinning rod to play anything other than the cat that I am not sure I could fish with it.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:32 PM

Bill,
Whatever you do DON'T use my favorite phrase for just about everything in life, and especially when talking to poachers, which is what they are........"Either you're stupid, or you just don't care....so, which one is it?

Last edited by Flat Fly n; 08-02-2011 at 07:52 AM..
Old 08-02-2011, 07:45 AM

Yes, I do consider them to be poachers. They take away from you & me, with no consideration for others, and the future of trout in the tailwaters. The only reasonable thing to do is to have the TWRA poacher hot line on speed dial in my cell phone.

Bill
Old 08-02-2011, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonBoats View Post
Madison,

Picking up a rod in the back of truck does not constitute lost! Your vendetta against bait chuckers must stop!
Old 08-02-2011, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBKSTONE2 View Post
Madison,

Picking up a rod in the back of truck does not constitute lost! Your vendetta against bait chuckers must stop!
That is low.. Maybe the rods I am finding are from people who abuse the fishing regulations. Nature has a way of enforcing its own rules.