Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 09-04-2011, 11:53 PM

Default 9/4/11

Started out on LR down the road from the Elkmont turnoff. Checked the water temp to be right around 68-69 degrees. Had a large coyote bust through the brush right behind me when I started fishing, think that got both of our hearts beating pretty fast. Tied on a #14 yellow stimi after seeing all the large shucks on the rocks, caught 4 6"-8" browns on the stimi right off the bat. After that, the only thing biting was the flies on my legs, so I decided to head up high as the flies were really bad. Fished about 100-150yds. of Walker Camp before realizing that my camera had fallen out of my waist pac. Managed several specks and 2 bows in that short distance and decided to call it a morning.

It's rained all afternoon here in Gburg and as I'm typing this, it has increased to a downpour. It sure is needed and I'm looking forward to see the water level and water temp. in the morning. We'll see.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:44 AM

Did you go back & find it, if not let us know where.

After finding a camera that was Vern's friend that he lost for 3 months before.

Another hiking friend lost his camera while scourting the Catstairs hike. I told him we would find it when we went back (even though he lost it in an area that was several hundred yards from where we were hiking), and he was quite skeptical, until he found it

Hopefully it won't wash to G-burg with all the rain
Old 09-05-2011, 11:22 AM

Default After....

...dropping my new camera into the water at Elkmont several years ago and almost not being able to find it, I figured a "net zinger" with a carabinar clip would be a great investement...it has been and I still have the camera.

MIke
"Fly-fishing has many attributes, but none more pleasing than it's ability to liberate the young boy that still hides within me and to let that boy live again without embarrassment or regret, sorrow or anguish." Harry Middleton
Old 09-05-2011, 01:31 PM

Naw, never found it Ducky, walked that stretch 3 times looking for it though. See the "photography" forum for the location, was up on Walker Camp.

I like that idea Mike and will have to try that with the next camera, who knows when that will be. lol

By the way, went back out this morning and found the river in A LOT better shape than yesterday. Checked the water temp in the same spot as yesterday and it was down to 63.