Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Meet the New Members > New Members Board

Old 09-20-2011, 09:59 AM

Post Hello and help from East TN

Just registered and need some help. Just found out we are going to the Forge this weekend. I may be able to squeeze out about 3-4 hours of fishing. Just wondering where would be a place to go, I would need a little room for my casting skills, what type of flies would one recommend, and are there any special license requirements outside of the normal TN, with trout stamp. Thanks sorry for my short notice
Old 09-21-2011, 02:53 PM

Couple of considerations for open waters (by Park standards): (1) West Prong Little Pigeon past Sugarlands on US 441 at Quiet Walkways or (2) Little River just above Elkmont CG.

Inside the Park you need only a TN (or NC) license. TN Trout stamp not required.

Since your time is limited, LRO may be out of reach, in which case I suggest you drop in at The Smoky Mountain Angler located on Brookside Village Way riight off US 321 just a short distance from the 321/441 split in G'burg. There you can get tips on flies, and any needed merchandise.

Enjoy your time.

JF