Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Photography

Old 09-24-2011, 10:42 PM

Question Help !!!!!

I printed Paula's instructions for using a host to post pictures on this forum and I still can't get it work. I read the instructions several time but to no avail. I tried to call Paula but she was out sick that day. If anyone has any suggestions I'd really appreciate some help............!!
Old 09-25-2011, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearnofishbob View Post
I printed Paula's instructions for using a host to post pictures on this forum and I still can't get it work. I read the instructions several time but to no avail. I tried to call Paula but she was out sick that day. If anyone has any suggestions I'd really appreciate some help............!!
If the picture is already uploaded to the internet somewhere; you will just need to copy the address of the picture's location. This is not the same as the website's address. Most of the time you can just right-click your mouse button and select "Copy Image Location" or "Copy Image Url". You will have to move the mouse arrow down the list of options and select one of these options. The options will be different depending on what web browser you may be using.

-Select the copy image location option.
-Then, post in a topic or create a new one on the message board.

Make sure you have the advanced display open if you want the best layout for posting. Select the yellow button with the image of a mountain and sun. It will give you a window to put in the url. Just click inside the window to activate its contents and hit control-v (shortcut for paste) or right-click your mouse and select paste. Be sure to hit the preview post or submit reply buttons at the bottom of the window to implement your post.

*The key is making sure you have the correct image location. You can even write it down and type the exact address in the image button's window to make sure it is correct. Be sure the address is complete with the whole 'http://' syntax. Also; be sure to not duplicate the 'http://http://' syntax. This is easy to do...

Hope this helps...
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 09-25-2011, 10:24 PM

Thanks Shwan, I REALLY appreciate your efforts to help me. I'll try again to do some photo posting and see what happens........Bob
Old 09-25-2011, 10:31 PM

Shawn, I think I got it .....?[/IMG]
Old 09-25-2011, 10:34 PM

Cool Help !!!

Shawn maybe I have got it this tiime........
Old 09-25-2011, 10:39 PM

Still not right
Old 09-26-2011, 07:14 AM

Bob,
It looks like you were on the right track. I think you are just getting some issues with putting in the wrong image url or putting incorrect html syntax in the address link.

Here is the image url for the picture you posted. It showed up correctly. However; I notice this post and it looks like you accidentally posted the image link twice and you might have typed in the image url by accident in trying to remove them. Shawn, I think I got it .....?[/IMG]

Follow the url structure of the image you posted correctly and use it as a guide.

http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/y...h_DSC00682.jpg
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Last edited by MadisonBoats; 09-26-2011 at 05:42 PM..
Old 09-26-2011, 04:06 PM

It is a touchy thing on some forums to get a photo to post up right. I think Shawn has you on the right track for sure. Not much I can add. It's sure easier to show someone how to do it than explain it. If you're still having trouble with it, I can bring the laptop to the Smokies thing next month and show you in person.