Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 11-03-2011, 06:12 PM

Default Tellico River

Hey guys, anybody fished the delayed harvest section of the tellico this year? I'm camping up on bald river and was thinking about putting my girlfriend on some stockers on the DH section before going back up for some wild fish. I fished the DH section for a couple hours about a week after the season started and worked way too hard for only one fish. I'm gonna give it one more chance to redeem itself, with all this rain coming down maybe I'll get lucky and hook into one of those big browns this time around, I know they are in there.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:33 PM

I've fished it in the past. For me, its hit and miss. One time, we found a pod of fish downstream from Bald River Falls that the corn fishers hadn't hit and had a blast. Most other times we haven't fared as well. We usually spend more time fishing the North and Bald (up around Holly Flats).
Old 11-03-2011, 08:24 PM

Default hit or misss

Yeah I spend most of my time up there fishing North river or bald river as well, every once in a while I give the main river a go.I just recently started fishing the wild trout water on the upper end and was pleasantly surprised that it fishes really well! The regular season on the stocked section is always fun but seems like by the time the delayed harvest season rolls around the river is dead. Hit or miss pretty much sums up my experience with it as well, thought maybe this year would be different.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:31 PM

From what I have heard by people in the know... now is the time to hit the Tellico. DH time is your best bet to hook a larger fish and you don't have to contend with all the crowds. Just keep at it and watch the weather conditions. I am headed up there next week and although I mainly focus on the North and some brookie streams, I will spend some time down on the Tellico as well. Maybe I can find that rainbow that broke me off back in the spring...

Tight Lines,