Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Meet the New Members > New Members Board

Old 12-14-2011, 02:28 PM

Default Beginning my journey from Cleveland, Tn via Peoria , Il.

New to the board and the fly rod. Started this year with a guide out of Bryson City, N.C. by the name of Ron Perry - excellent local who has the passion to fish and guide!! After about ten trips all within Cherokee, feel like have a good start. Hope to get to the next level with assistance from the sharing on this board. Live in Cleveland, Tn and run a Ford Store in Lenoir City, Tn so if there are any members in that area, I would love to meet you.

Look forward to assisting and supporting the sport!!!
Old 12-14-2011, 02:44 PM

Welcome! I live in Cleveland, about 1-1/2 miles from the YMCA. Contact me 423-715-0168 and we'll get together for coffee. I fish the Hiwassee, Tellico, and the park.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:42 PM

Breck--A hearty welcome. I'm a native of Bryson City and thought, even though I've been gone from there for many years, that I knew all the local guides. I don't recognize the name Ron Perry so maybe he isn't a local of long standing. I'll have to ask around next time I'm in the high country. Meanwhile, enjoy the forum.
Jim Casada
Old 12-15-2011, 02:09 PM

He knows you. Spoke about you alot as I fished with him. Ronnie grew there his entire life. You left a note on his red F150 last year asking about the fishing on on Sraight Fork. Lives off Alarka Road. You went to school with Dale Parris his family. Fishes Fontana alot. Look forward to reading your book and fishing Cherokee every chance I get and meeting you.

Breck
Old 12-16-2011, 05:31 PM

Breck--Okay, I get it now. It's Ronnie Parris, not Ronnie Perry as you had in your original post. Ronnie is a genuinely good guy and knows local waters intimately. You were with a good 'un.
Jim Casada
www.jimcasadaoutdoors.com
Old 12-24-2011, 09:16 AM

Jim, drove 2 hrs. to get your book on fishing in the park. I am in complete awe that a book of this size has the weight of a book 3xs its size. While purchasing it the thoughts of what could possibly make a book of this size be so heavy to the touch. Now after three days of non-stop reading I feel as if I am carrying a book that literally gives the reader the supplies, memories, history, directions,visions and all the hopes one would ever need to begin my journey. Invaluable. Great read!!! Thank You for sharing.
Breck Davis
Old 12-26-2011, 09:19 PM

Breck--I really appreciate your kind words (never mind the fact that honesty compels me to tell you the explanation for the book's weight--it uses top-quality paper stock). I'm glad you like the book but if for some reason you change your mind you've got the makings of a first-rate door stop.
Jim Casada