Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNCFLY View Post
Crockett, did you read my post? Bunches Creek had been mentioned numerous times already before I ever even mentioned it. I only did that so some other fellow fisherman would not get in any trouble. Go look at all my posts going back to 07. You will not find me giving up details on how to get to remote speck streams. Most of the guys who frequented this forum back then have moved on because of the very problem I am bringing to light. I'm sorry if it offends some here, but sometimes things just need to not be discussed?.
Someone discussing Bunches offends you, however, some of your old posts discuss fishing Bradley Fork, Kanati, Rough Fork, Palmer, Lost Bottoms, Cataloochee, and Straight Fork. I may have missed a few.

Maybe some of those streams are special to others, you ever think you may have offended some others for posting about those streams? None of the streams are top secret, including Bunches...

I would also say that none of these are "hard to get to" brook trout streams, but all of them have brook trout and are all pretty good streams.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:07 PM

This is going to be fun...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannyknot View Post
It is unfortunate, but there isn't much that can be done.To each his own I guess, but I can't help to be bothered when I hike 5 miles to find wet boot prints.
You need to get up earlier than I do or hike faster...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrinG View Post
I sure found out that if a guy spends time pouring over topos and then is willing to hike and sweat, then crawl thru rhodo and briars and arrive at a blue line and find wild trout that are willing participants with a fly rod, it makes one appreciate and takje care of the find 99% more than if my buddy told me where to go, or I found out by surfing the internet.
Not true at all and not even a sentence...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2weightfavorite View Post
I have said it before and I will say it again. There are no secrets in the park. No holes that someone else does not fish. These are not private waters. More and more people are "blue lining" for the same enjoyment you find in it, and therre will only be more in the years to come.
2weight knows where it's at...

Quote:
Tnflyfisher, by your response I will assume you are either one of those people that like to share every detail about every creek.
Yep... and if you came to my native Adirondacks which are near and dear to me, I would still tell you where to find some nice browns so you didn't have to wander around 6 million acres trying to figure out where to fish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crockett View Post
Did anyone else but me find it amusing that the guy who owns the forum that doesn't allow naming streams was himself participating in the thread on this site about accessing streams through the reservation. I guess if it doesn't bother him that some people do that over here maybe it shouldn't bother us so much.

Quote:
Crockett, did you read my post? You will not find me giving up details on how to get to remote speck streams. Most of the guys who frequented this forum back then have moved on because of the very problem I am bringing to light. I'm sorry if it offends some here, but sometimes things just need to not be discussed?.
Did you read mine...?? Here we go again...
Popcorn anyone??

Tight Lines,
Old 02-01-2012, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Crockett, did you read my post? Bunches Creek had been mentioned numerous times already before I ever even mentioned it. I only did that so some other fellow fisherman would not get in any trouble. Go look at all my posts going back to 07. You will not find me giving up details on how to get to remote speck streams. Most of the guys who frequented this forum back then have moved on because of the very problem I am bringing to light. I'm sorry if it offends some here, but sometimes things just need to not be discussed?.
Back at it huh? I like to know who appointed you the GOD of spec streams in WNC? Hardly anyone posts detailed info about spec streams on here anymore, yet you're back lecturing people about this time of behavior. IMO you're an arrogant a@@ who should mind his own business. Hopefully, this post will get me banned for life, since I cannot get them to delete my account no matter how hard I try.

Just a suggestion, try to bring something meaningful to the forum, and no that doesn't mean sharing info on "secret" spec streams.

Moderator, my offer still stands. Delete my account at any time, had enough of reading posts from the experts and self-proclaimed moderators.

Neal A. White

Last edited by pineman19; 02-01-2012 at 07:26 PM..
Old 02-01-2012, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnflyfisher View Post
Yep... and if you came to my native Adirondacks
Ah, nevermind. That explains alot.

Pass the popcorn, please.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:27 PM

There are no secrets. I have Don Kirk's book that lists and evaluates virtually all streams in the Park. I have a detailed map of the Park. I have a detailed map of the north and south portions of the Cherokee National Forest. I have no problem finding any trout stream in east Tennessee. Going up on the Tellico corridor this Friday. Don't need a map as I know several places that are productive.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:38 PM

I think everyone needs to do what I did today....go fishing....just saying...
"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

http://thetroutzone.blogspot.com
http://www.troutzoneanglers.com
Old 02-01-2012, 09:49 PM

Default Someone new to the fly and this forum

Gentleman;

I have watched from a near, to learn everything possible about a journey I have chosen to take with this passion of being on a stream with a rod and length of line that hopes of finding tightness on the other end.

This forum has been the only resource for the equipment, books, knowledge and places I have of further discovering where this trail is going to lead me.

Having attended church, school, served my country, college, and a career as well as a husband and father, I have been down many trails. I don't know how I possibly could have done any of this without great people sharing great ideas that had gone before me on terrific journeys through this thing we call life(fishing). Almost always a map to show me where I was and at the end, there was a great place if you committed, planned, stayed true and disciplined to stay the path and understand the scrapes, scratches and hardships are surely ahead so I could do what most will only talk about.

As my sons who have looked over my shoulder on many nights as I gather great information from this forum for trips that are being mapped that they have no idea about yet, but soon will discover.....I ask all that are here and those to come please share everything for those that seek it because there's a 10 and 13 year old out there even a 44 yr. old - somewhere wondering what lays ahead out there for them.

Hopefully a good map or set of directions that gets them to a better place for a moment in time.

Regardless of where it comes from - it can only BE a good thing to pass a little along.

Breck Davis - Cleveland, Tn

Not Here For A Long Time - But A Good Time For Sure!!!!
Old 02-01-2012, 10:14 PM
Administrator

That's enough. Please read the forum rules.

This is a forum about SHARING information, it is a forum about friendship and a place for you all to come to have fun. If you cannot behave like an adult here, if you cannot be respectful of other forum members, if you refuse to read and follow the forum rules, this is not the place for you to be. It's as simple as that.

There are some people who seem to love to come on here to agitate. Stirring the pot is not appreciated. Please stop. Or please find somewhere else to do it.

Thank you,

Paula
Closed Thread