Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 02-15-2012, 10:08 PM

thanks for all the info guys. This may be an excuse to get out more and find the deep holes that hold the big fish. There is no substitution for time in the rivers and streams. Thanks again. flyguys
Old 02-16-2012, 11:40 PM

Default Deep

Not too sure how deep is DEEP but Mr. Buzzmcmanus's thread on How To Make A ProperPost is getting way over my head Kinda thought I knew something about this GSMP fishing but maybe not. Where are those pictures from? Flyguys, those deep holes are great places for trout to rest. It is hard to get a proper presentation to a fish that is in a deep hole. Think resting lie. Most of the better fish I have caught in the Smokies have come from the edges of deeper water. If a stream has a spot that is only a foot or so deeper fish the rocks around that. Think feeding lie. I hope someone will pitch in here. I don't think dredging the deep holes is a productive method and I would not like to see anyone waste fishing time in such a special place. I treasure the days I spend fishing in GSMP. Good Luck