Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 03-04-2012, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnflyfisher View Post
Saw one of those on Friday as well... flushed it on the trail in to cross Thunderhead in that tight woods. Scared the $%#@ out of me, like they always do. Little buggers take off right at your feet and wait till the last moment like they are doing it intentionally...

Upon further review, it looks like there actually could be some fishers down here...

http://www.defenders.org/wildlife_an...ife/fisher.php

Tight Lines,
Very cool...it's good that the park is off limits to hunting them with all of the pressure they get in other areas around the park.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:08 PM

I wanted to add more after the photo I posted but had issues after I added the image. I couldn't find anyway to continue my story below the picture, anyways here's the rest of the story.
For our 30th wedding anniversary my wife agreed to go on a canoe trip with me to the BWCA. While at our campsite I had wandered off into the woods to gather some firewood when my wife calls me and says there's a animal over here. There wasn't panic in her voice that might indicate a bear so I headed back to find Mr. Fisher helping himself to our trailmix.
He wasn't in any hurry to leave which surprised me he waited until I took some pictures and it wasn't until I poked at him with stick,a long one he did show us his rather sharp looking teeth,that he took off.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishNHunt View Post
Actually, TWRA released some Fishers several years ago in Catoosa WMA but, as far as I know all but, 3-4 are accounted for....... dead. It is hard telling exactly what all is roaming around in the park. People will drop off about anything in the parking. I was told years ago that there were weasels in TN but, until I saw one, one night on Calderwood lake I didn't believe it. No, telling.
Lots of recent sightings of them on the Plateau