Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 02-24-2012, 09:52 AM

Default Video: Trout Taking Streamer

This was my first video with my seat mounted camera. I hope to add some better quality videos after this one. Today, we got a new HD2 Hero with 1080p capabilities.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MadisonBoats?feature=mhee
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 02-24-2012, 10:11 AM

I cant wait to see some of the videos now that you got your gopro. let me know if you want to get rid of your old camera.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:30 PM

Smile I got a Go Pro a couple of months ago

After only watching the videos on YouTube at Low Res, I was amazed how clear it was on a big screen in high def. I tried it 2 times now fishing. Makes your rod look bent from lens distortion, but besides that is really cool. I just wish I knew how to edit all this footage It will eat up some hard drive space also. I'm already at 80 Gigs
Old 02-25-2012, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutmanbrook View Post
I cant wait to see some of the videos now that you got your gopro. let me know if you want to get rid of your old camera.
Danny,
I plan on using it for perspective shots as a secondary camera. You could probably find an Olympus Tough on Ebay fairly cheap now. It has been a decent camera and held up well to my abuses. I have lost many of the labeling and added some scratches; but, it has held up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckypaddler View Post
After only watching the videos on YouTube at Low Res, I was amazed how clear it was on a big screen in high def. I tried it 2 times now fishing. Makes your rod look bent from lens distortion, but besides that is really cool. I just wish I knew how to edit all this footage It will eat up some hard drive space also. I'm already at 80 Gigs
I run separate HDDs for my videos and I have a 2TB dedicated to it. I also have a 320gb drive I use for editing and temp storage. I plan on setting up a RAID Controller to make my editing more efficient and to speed up the process. I have been using a program called AVS Video Editor and it seems to be pretty efficient in most videos.
http://www.avs4you.com/AVS-Video-Editor.aspx

I building some new GoPro mounts for my boom, underwater rigs, and boat mounts. Basically; adapting the old screw mounts to the GoPro Slide Mount.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:07 AM

Just wondering why you don't use a rubber net since they are easier on the fish?
Old 03-01-2012, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
Just wondering why you don't use a rubber net since they are easier on the fish?
Jon,
I would like to use one; but, I am extremely hard on hand nets. I just lost my last net at the S. Holston in February. I usually go through 2-3 a year. I am a bit tight on discretionary spending at the moment. I do plan on getting a economy ghost net before the fishing gets heavy.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonBoats View Post
Jon,
I would like to use one; but, I am extremely hard on hand nets. I just lost my last net at the S. Holston in February. I usually go through 2-3 a year. I am a bit tight on discretionary spending at the moment. I do plan on getting a economy ghost net before the fishing gets heavy.

Shawn, check out the rubber nets from Cabelas, I got one of the boat nets from that and I love it. 69 bucks and it's wooden and enough net to hold about anything really. The new Brodin nets look pretty nice as well, and seem to be less expiencive then their wooden net line.

Nice fish on the streamer man, I must say I am hooked on streamer fishing, something about not knowing what you're going to catch and how big it will be gets my blood flowing. I like to see the follows as well. Fun times for sure, and it looks like that's going to hae to be our style for awhile with TVA running water around the clock
Old 03-01-2012, 02:07 PM

Shawn, I have a couple of the Frabill "dipped" nets. They are mesh but dipped in a rubber coating so the hook does not snag into the mesh. Cost less than $20. I have it on a lanyard with a snap clip so I can attach it to my wading belt or to the canoe. maybe not as pretty as a ghost net, but very cost effective. I used to lose a lot of nets also.
http://frabill.com/landing-nets/trout-nets/3670.html

attached to the canoe

wanted to add this. This is how the kayak guys are mounting their go-pro cameras. to give you some ideas
panfish and panfish portrait
http://www.yakattack.us/Products/Products.html

http://www.riverbassin.com/site/how-...jackson-coosa/
Old 03-03-2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodonthefly View Post
Shawn, check out the rubber nets from Cabelas, I got one of the boat nets from that and I love it. 69 bucks and it's wooden and enough net to hold about anything really. The new Brodin nets look pretty nice as well, and seem to be less expiencive then their wooden net line.....
Thanks Rod for the information! I need a better boat net. I usually just use my hand net and it gets beat up pretty bad from the boat use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutman View Post
wanted to add this. This is how the kayak guys are mounting their go-pro cameras. to give you some ideas
I appreciate the link on the mounts. Fortunately; I have plenty of GoPro Mounts and I made an adapter for all of my traditional mounts so that I do not have to build all new tripods, bipods, and jibs. Here is my latest jib for catching footage from the boat.