Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Fly Fishing for Trout in Other States

Old 03-13-2012, 08:21 PM

Default 3/13 Very Short Trip Report

This is a really short report. I took very few pictures today of fish or anything else.

I arrived at the stream at 1145 this morning, expecting the rain to stop at any time, at least that's what the weatherman said. It rained on me for an hour or so, but it wasn't that bad.

I wanted to fish a micro stream I have looked at a few times on the map. I arrived and began fishing. Immediately, I was into some pretty small rainbows.

After an hour or so of catching a bunch of these little guys, I decided to bale out of the stream, bushwack through the woods and back to my truck. I actually did catch a few that were decent size, but this is the only picture I took, I was not in a picture taking mood today.

I decided I had enough micro fishing for the day and headed off to a familiar stream that was nearby. I actually fished a section that I had never fished before.

After maybe 5 minutes, I had my first fish.

I ran the dry/dropper through the run a few times. Then I decided to drop it right in the middle in the little calm spot, he nailed it immediately.

A few minutes later, another decent brown. This guy put up a pretty good fight. I had to let him "run around" for a few minutes before he tired enough to let me net him.

I hooked another rainbow a little while later that was rather nice size. He spit the hook after about a minute long fight.

The rest of the day was rather uneventful. I caught quite a few smaller fish.

Wet wading in March? It was awesome!!! 75 degrees outside and the water really was fine for wet wading.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:16 PM

Nice looking stream and always love seeing those wild NC browns as well...

Tight Lines,