Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 04-02-2012, 10:17 AM

I agree Silver and it's happened to me before as well. Here was his response: Nashville District Commander
I appreciate your frustration. We have been spilling at Old Hickory and Cheatham dams for an extended period and have been trying to change our workflow process at the headquarters to include spilling and sluicing information on the fishin...g pages. At the same time we've been going through some web publishing changes as well and we're still working the bugs out. This summer we'll also be doing a complete web migration that should make some of the posting processes easier and provide more up to date info for the public. Your issue is important to us and I hope you understand we're working on fixing the process. Our goal is to automate the process. My Public Affairs team is aware and working the issue with our water management and IT teams. Also, when it shows 0 for generation we often are performing maintenance on the hydro units, but still pass water downstream by spilling or sluicing. Again, I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. I'll continue to press this issue so we can effectively provide accurate water management information.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:26 PM

I said I agree the Corp is a problem...which I said. it is difficult at best to fish the tailwaters safely.

Corbo was stating some regulations about TVA....they are not the problem with giving information regarding water flow data.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:17 PM

Flat,

If you were addressing me (not sure). Point taken. Thanks for the info and input.

Dwayne
Old 04-04-2012, 08:29 PM

Don't get me wrong; I check the TVA website for "! or 2" etc; but this only reflects generators, not actual flow if they are spilling water over the dam.

It's a long ride home for me to go somewhere and find unfavorable wading conditions when I figured everything was going to be wadable.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbo View Post
Don't get me wrong; I check the TVA website for "! or 2" etc; but this only reflects generators, not actual flow if they are spilling water over the dam.

It's a long ride home for me to go somewhere and find unfavorable wading conditions when I figured everything was going to be wadable.
Corbo, I suggest you become familiar with the tailwater elevations & you can determine the flows from that. You may have to spend some time looking at historical data ......rarely do they "spill" water in the tailwaters you probably fish & most people know when they do.
I think the corps does a good job giving the five day discharge forcast.....TVA only gives three.
I find it odd that some people don't even know the number of generators at each of the area dams they fish below.......some think SH has two , Norris more than two ,etc.
I guess they need someone to tell 'em when it's raining too ?