Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tackle and Gear

Old 03-17-2012, 10:09 AM

Default Orvis Endura Waders Weight?

Hey guys,

Helping my brother look at a new pair of waders. Looking on the internet the Orvis Pack & Travel waders are listing the weight, but the Endura chest, stocking foot I cant find any weights anywhere.

Many of our trips are in the backcountry and would just really like to know the weight before buying a pair.

Really appreciate if anyone can help.

William, who catches less than my brother
Old 03-17-2012, 10:24 AM

William,
Have you looked at the wading pants? I think those would be easier to put on and take off. Plus, they would help your body breath a little better.

http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=2G52

The big key is getting something that will hold up to brush scrapes, scratches, and the abuse the back country dishes out. I would carry more weight to have this security.

JMO...
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 03-17-2012, 10:32 AM

Shawn,

You make a really good point with the orvis paints link you provided. The most import points for my brother in his purchase is weight and cost with durability being a close second.

What you have pointed out has a great weight and cost. The only issue i can think of is since he can only purchase one pair of waders there could be a time he might run into a situation where chest waders would be needed.

It is my brother so if he got a little wet it would not be a big deal but i dont think he will go for it.
Old 03-17-2012, 10:39 AM

I completely understand you dilemma and it sounds like you are on the right track to get a great pair of waders for him.

Simms makes a pair of convertible waders

I believe most waders would pack up well. You may have to buy a separate pack for them; but, that would be negligible in my opinion.

Old 03-17-2012, 11:27 AM

Shawn,

To my surprise my brother loved your recomendation so much he just called Orvis and placed the order for the Pack and Travel pants that your link recomended.

The two features that he found most impressive was first his waders would be lighter than mine and the second he said if the water got too high during any of our creek crossings he would let me carry him across.

Colby wanted me to tell you thanks, great recomendation.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:42 AM

Great! Glad my input helped you...Let us know how they work out so that we can help others with good information sharing....

I really like the pant waders for back-country and freestone fishing. I sweat like it is raining and I need breath-ability in my gear.