Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Fly Fishing for Trout in Other States

Old 04-25-2012, 01:29 PM

Default Natural bridge little Indian

Has anyone recently fished around natural bridge area. Last week I was fishing on elkhorn and two guys told me east fork of the little Indian is full of trout right now and was wondering of there was any truth to that or not??
Old 04-25-2012, 01:51 PM

3wt. I haven't fished there in a couple of years so keep that in mind. My experience has been that it gets fished pretty heavily, especially down low. Most of it is next to or very close to the road. It is close to lexington, but there are better destinations in KY IMO.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:17 PM

Well I go to uk and since it's close enough I figured I might give it a try. I have been doing some fishing on elkhorn creek and doing really well but wanted to catch some trout. Up higher is the fishing any better? Where else in ky is better and close to Lexington?
Old 04-27-2012, 11:35 AM

There is not really much in the way of trout streams that are closer than E F of Indian. Swift Camp Creek is also in RRG and gets a lot of stocked fish. I think it is catch and release until may or june. Some of the better streams IMO are Rock Creek (Near TN line), Bark Camp (Corbin), Otter Creek (Meade County), Cane Creek (Laurel County). This link has some info on the trout and smallmouth streams. http://fw.ky.gov/navigation.aspx?cid...vpath=C742C768