Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 04-28-2012, 07:30 PM

Default Thanks To The Clinch Fishermen !!!

want to say thanks to all the clinch fishermen who stayed off the river today .floated from peach orchard to 61 . didn't see anyone else on the river. don't know what you missed !
Old 04-28-2012, 07:48 PM

billyspey,
sounds like you had a nice day. The ONLY reason I didn't cast a shadow over the river today was because of the wind forecast I saw and one other reason as well. I will be there in the morning. Did you see sulphurs today? I suspect you did.

Tightlines.......
Old 04-29-2012, 11:18 AM

Was there yesterday, but got a late start. We launched around 9A. We floated with three guys in a Hyde and I was in my FishCat. Good hatch around Riverbend around 6PM.

That was the weakest pulse I remember in a long time. Pretty tough towards the end of the day. We all said we would just float to Peach Orchard and row back up, or just fish the property if we have water like that again.

I'd forgotten why they invented Motrin.......to counteract the effects of rowing downstream against an UPSTREAM wind!

Last edited by Flat Fly n; 04-29-2012 at 11:38 AM..
Old 04-29-2012, 05:10 PM

I was out yesterday afternoon around the bridge and can't remember a tougher day for me on any river. :/

A friend and I spent all morning Musky fishing with nothing to show for it (I lost a 50"+ fish at the boat) only to hit the Clinch in the afternoon and get skunked there. I'm glad to know other people were catching fish, but I've never spent so much time on or in water in one day without a single fish. Still beats doing just about anything else I suppose.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Fly n View Post
Was there yesterday, but got a late start. We launched around 9A. We floated with three guys in a Hyde and I was in my FishCat. Good hatch around Riverbend around 6PM.

That was the weakest pulse I remember in a long time. Pretty tough towards the end of the day. We all said we would just float to Peach Orchard and row back up, or just fish the property if we have water like that again.

I'd forgotten why they invented Motrin.......to counteract the effects of rowing downstream against an UPSTREAM wind!

I bet they were Hot in all that wading gear .
Old 04-29-2012, 08:13 PM

We waded a bunch of places, and had to drag the boat out over some shoals down low, but it can get hot. Why does the wind always seem to pick up after Coldwater? HA! There were three guys way behind us when we lost sight of them. They were from Nashville in a white driftboat. Bet they didn't get off until way after dark.

BTW. Have you ever seen the dude in the motorized kayak with a jet drive on the Clinch? That is too cool!
Old 04-29-2012, 08:39 PM

wind always blows up river never down. we were off by 4
Old 04-29-2012, 09:46 PM

Fished the area above the jail today with fair success. Hatch had just started when I got on the water at ten. Short lived hatch though. I used an emerger pattern during the hatch, and a #20 pheasant tail afterwards. I believe four of the rainbows were in the slot. Probably hooked a little over a dozen fish. Very few people seen today until I left at four.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Fly n View Post
We waded a bunch of places, and had to drag the boat out over some shoals down low, but it can get hot. Why does the wind always seem to pick up after Coldwater? HA! There were three guys way behind us when we lost sight of them. They were from Nashville in a white driftboat. Bet they didn't get off until way after dark.

BTW. Have you ever seen the dude in the motorized kayak with a jet drive on the Clinch? That is too cool!
how do you like the new Hyde contender?
Old 04-30-2012, 05:16 PM

I didn't even get to row it! HA !! Six of us bought into the boat and three of the guys wanted to go, so I just dusted off my old FishCat and took it. I appears easier to get in and out of than my old Clacka and shouldn't catch that wind as much. It is set up really nice with three dry wells and other ammenities. No wet bar but hey, who's complaining!

I have plans and reservations (Google calendar to keep us from getting confused on who wants it when) for next week for the boat ......want to go sometime after the excitement dies down?