Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Old 05-04-2012, 11:24 AM

Check with Byron about foam cylinders at LRO. He can probably order them.
Feathercraft used to sell them and the site below does as well..
http://riverroadcreations.com/FoamCylinders.htm

I have located a company that mass produces closed cell foam but I would have to pay an incredible amount to get them to provide them in core or cylinders.
Still searching on possibilities.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:42 AM

Thumbs up

This is a great thread. I am enjoying the information and Wade your one bug is really outstanding. I love to fly flish for bream and Bass and this seems to be the answer for me here in Georgia. Please keep up this information. Thanks again.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmwalker View Post
This is a great thread. I am enjoying the information and Wade your one bug is really outstanding. I love to fly flish for bream and Bass and this seems to be the answer for me here in Georgia. Please keep up this information. Thanks again.
Thanks Wyatt- dad never sold a one bug and likely gave out thousands. He wanted people to enjoy it as much as we did. He often tied at many of the conclaves and loved it when the younger generation would get creative with the pattern. It would tickle him to death to know his pattern is alive and well. I miss him very much every day.

His passion was bream and bass. Especially smallmouth. But I think big bluegills put a bigger smile on his face than anything else.

~~~waders~~~
wadeblevins@integrity.com
Old 05-04-2012, 03:07 PM

I ordered some 1/4" cylinders a few days ago in black, chart green and yellow. I had some black 3/8" cylinders for wiggle minnows and tied up a couple on size 6 gama stinger hooks. They look really good and I think they will work great as a cicada. would like to find some olive green cylinders.

I fished the yellow and orange 1 bugs that Wade sent me for two days and probably caught well over 60 bluegill and several rockbass and a few small smallmouth and all I had to do was replace the legs. As he said all you do is cast them and let em sit. I would usually jiggle the rod tip to make the legs wiggle some before I picked up for a recast just in case something was inspecting it. That brought on some lightning strikes.

Would like to take these down to callaway gardens!