Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Old 05-20-2012, 09:33 PM

Default LPR for a few hours

I will be in the Sevierville area Wednesday afternoon for a few hours of fly fishing. Are they hitting on top yet, or should i stick with sub surface? Is the water warm enough to wet wade so I can leave the waders at home? Thanks, Curtis

Old 05-20-2012, 11:07 PM

Throw topwater, but I'd still bring streamers. I haven't worn waders out there in over a month at least.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:40 PM

Thanks for the response. Hopefully the trip will be worth it.

Old 05-22-2012, 10:18 AM

I didn't get to fish on Monday on my day off work but hope to later this week. I'll be at work till 7 pm the rest of the week but might be able to meet you wed, thur or friday evening. I'll leave ya my cell # on facebook messaging.They should be hitting topwater in the evenings or early.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:56 PM

Thanks GT. I will only be in town for 1 evening and am limited on transportation. You know where I am staying and I sent you my cell number.

Anybody know if the bridge at Neyland in downtown Knoxville is still closed? I like to cut through that way off of I-40

Old 05-23-2012, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtyman View Post
Thanks GT. I will only be in town for 1 evening and am limited on transportation. You know where I am staying and I sent you my cell number.

Anybody know if the bridge at Neyland in downtown Knoxville is still closed? I like to cut through that way off of I-40
The Henley St bridge is still closed, but you can take the Gay St bridge to Chapman highway or John Sevier Highway bridge. If you take john Sevier, drive till it dead ends (mile past the river), take a right and it'll run into Chapman highway. John Sevier is my preferred way. As of 11:00 pm 5/22, the LP is running 784 cfs. It came up 300 cfs today which means it'll be off color and tricky wading. I'd keep an eye on it to see if it comes up any higher.

Here's the link
http://www.tva.gov/lakes/streams.htm
Old 05-23-2012, 08:44 AM

It's a little over 1100 cfs now Re-with a chance of more rain today. It looks like cherokee dan is just pulsing today a few times. The holston river may be a possibility today.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:46 AM

Thank you sir. Appears that more rain may be on the way. How far downstream is that gauge located, anybody know it's whereabouts? I only have a few hours this evening but I need all the help I can get

Hey milligan, you can hit me up here if you want to stay in touch or for possible hookups at another time.

tnrealtyman at gmail dot com

Old 05-24-2012, 03:04 PM

We seem to be getting afternoons storms almost everyday now. Yesterdays thunderstorm muddied up the water to about half a foot visability but only rose about 3-4". I fished from 7:30 till about 9pm and caught 3 smallies and a 6-7 rockbass. I hooked a carp for a short time but it broke off before I could get it on the reel. I think most of the spawning fish are finished and headed back out into the FB since it started early this year. This one was about 15-16" . Loved the black tipped fins and big red eyes on this french bass also.