Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Troutfest

Old 05-21-2012, 10:04 AM

Default What did you like best or learn the most from?

I learned if I tie again to carry a small cooler with water in it for something to drink! HA

I also saw some impressive art. I missed seeing Lefty cast, and would have liked to have seen that.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:22 AM

This was my first troutfest, and while it wasn't much of a learning experience for me per say, it showed my girlfriend that I'm not the only crazy fly fishing addict! In all seriousness, it was good for her to get a taste of what I love to do. She kept telling me how nice everyone was.

I really enjoyed the guy that had the wood carvings of trout. Those things were spectacular. A little out of my price range, but I did take his card!

It was a great time and a very big thanks to those of you who made it happen. I will definitely be back!
Old 05-21-2012, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Fly n View Post
I learned if I tie again to carry a small cooler with water in it for something to drink! HA

I also saw some impressive art. I missed seeing Lefty cast, and would have liked to have seen that.
You should have said something to one of us volunteers as we made our rounds. We would have been more than happy to bring you something to drink. As for Lefty, I thought I heard someone say that he had to cancel at the last minute because of a dental emergency or some such. So I think we all missed watching Lefty's casting demonstrations. On the other hand, Jason Borger was pretty intertaining.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:59 PM

I learned to not try and hit the streams the weekend of Troutfest...
Boy was it tough to find a section of free water. I also had to really work for the few I found. Fun event though and glad to finally make it to one...

Tight Lines,
Old 05-21-2012, 10:00 PM

I really enjoyed learning about the history and the proper way to tie a whole bunch of local Smoky Mountain fly patterns from Walter Babb! He was a gracious and willing teacher. Also got to drool over, I mean cast, one of his bamboo rods.
Jed Green
Old 05-22-2012, 10:13 AM

My favorite part of Troutfest was just going around and talking with everyone. I got to see and talk with so many of my friends, many on this forum and others I only get a chance to visit with a few times a year, and some like Kent Edmonds, Anthony Hipps, Roger Lowe, I only see at Troutfest since they live out of state. Another great event in the books.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:13 PM

I learned not to let my wife plan our vacation to Key West when it conflicts with my trip to Troutfest!!!!!!!!! Lesson learned.........Needless to say, I submitted to her higher authority!!!!