Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 07-05-2012, 12:52 PM

Default Byrons Bear photo.

I was just looking at Byrons bear photo in todays fishing report. If you look at it kinda looks like a big cat. I can see how someone might confuse the two.
Lynn
Old 07-05-2012, 06:51 PM

Hey Lynn,

It does look like a cat. Maybe it was a painter. I saw both of them head on from about 10 feet away through the window when I walked out of the "man cave". They were bears. There were some panther sightings around here earlier this year. Paula saw a bear about two weeks ago in our neighborhood. The Bear Rescue sees him all the time. They estimate it weighs 500 pounds. If that thing had slapped the window, it would have been in here. This sow was small, maybe 200 pounds at most. The cub was tiny, young of the year.

Byron
Old 07-05-2012, 09:43 PM

I agree...looks like a black cat!
Old 07-06-2012, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Begley View Post
Hey Lynn,

It does look like a cat. Maybe it was a painter. I saw both of them head on from about 10 feet away through the window when I walked out of the "man cave". They were bears. There were some panther sightings around here earlier this year. Paula saw a bear about two weeks ago in our neighborhood. The Bear Rescue sees him all the time. They estimate it weighs 500 pounds. If that thing had slapped the window, it would have been in here. This sow was small, maybe 200 pounds at most. The cub was tiny, young of the year.

Byron
Hey Byron no doubt you of all people know what a bear looks like especially when he's looking through the widow at you. Just thought the angle of it walking away gave the appearence of a big "painter". You could see a cat if you wanted too.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:39 PM

Hi Lynn,

I told Paula last night, I need to take a Monday off so you and I can go to the lake. We keep talking about it and we've got to go. And, speaking of cats, I was fishing on the lake one day about a month ago. I talked to a man and his son. They saw a bobcat swimming across the lake. They drove up to the cat and he said he could have dipped it out with his net. Wouldn't that be fun to watch from a distance?

Byron
Old 07-06-2012, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Begley View Post
Hi Lynn,

I told Paula last night, I need to take a Monday off so you and I can go to the lake. We keep talking about it and we've got to go. And, speaking of cats, I was fishing on the lake one day about a month ago. I talked to a man and his son. They saw a bobcat swimming across the lake. They drove up to the cat and he said he could have dipped it out with his net. Wouldn't that be fun to watch from a distance?

Byron
I would not want to be in a boat with a wet and pissed bobcat. No thanks. Yes we need to go to the lake. We're leaving for Yellowstone on the 20th. So maybe when we get back we'll hit it. I'll just keep showing up on your porch like that bear until you take me.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:54 AM

I know that bear, he was just looking for a bottle of that fine wine and a Cuban
Old 07-07-2012, 10:35 AM

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way to go Boo-Boo.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:59 PM

Looks like the big one I bought for my daughter several years ago at Sugarlands. We put him in the passenger seat of my truck and left him there for a few days. Got lots of looks.
Lee