Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Website and Message Board

Old 08-21-2012, 09:59 PM

Default Tapatalk

Byron or Paula,

Have you ever considered using Tapatalk with this forum? It's an app for mobile devices through which users can more easily navigate and use a forum from their mobile device. I really enjoy using it for other forums. It makes the process much more user friendly. I'm sure enough money could be raised, if necessary, to fund the purchase for a license, if required. I'd be glad to do my part.

http://www.tapatalk.com

The website is currently down but I'm sure it will be back up and running later.

Thanks,

Birdman
John 3:16
Old 08-22-2012, 07:06 AM

Hi Birdman,

I have never heard of this but would like to learn more. Please e-mail me any information you have. I checked out the website. Also, you mentioned that the website was down. Are any of you having issues with that? Please let me know. I have this website to be un-responsive for maybe 30 seconds but never for longer than that in a while. Please let me know.

Thanks, Byron
Old 08-22-2012, 07:24 AM
Administrator

Vbulletin has a mobile app, but from what I've read about it, it's a nightmare and has caused system crashes.

I had not heard of tap a talk, but I just read some admin panel discussions about it. It's not supported by vbulletin, since they have their own, but let me do some more reading about others who have installed it with the vbulletin product.

Thanks for the head's up.

Paula
Old 08-22-2012, 09:05 AM

I don't really have any additional info on it, just my personal experience as an end user. I really like it. I believe the forums that I use it for are only using the free version and it works great. I'll try to get in touch with the administrator from one of them and see if he minds talking with you about it.
John 3:16
Old 08-22-2012, 09:58 AM
Administrator

That's okay, Birdman...I'll investigate it. Thanks, though.

I'm on some admin forums, I'll ask around about it.

P~
Old 09-10-2012, 07:03 PM

Paula,

If you're visiting a forum as a guest, tapatalk will ask you if you're interested in learning more whenever you click on a forum thread...it's very annoying to have to hit "no" each time you click on a thread.

Joel
Old 09-11-2012, 10:29 AM

Joel,

there are several (11)forums that I follow as a guest and I don't experience that prompt issue at all. It did prompt the first time I visited the forum, but after that no more prompts. Perhaps there is a setting on a particular forum you visit?

I love tapatalk, it makes visiting and interacting in online forums possible on my phone - I can't stand using them with a mobile web browser. There are features missing on a lot of web interfaces that tapatalk enables. For instance, quickly being able to go to the threads you have participated in without needing to subscribe to them.

When I purchased tapatalk, I searched for LRO first and it wasn't there..

I don't think a license would need to be purchased, unless LRO wants to have an app developed.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:36 AM

Matt,

You're right. If your device allows cookies then it won't prompt you after you say no the first time. Right now, I have my Itouch set up so that I don't allow cookies ... that's probably why it keeps prompting me.

Joel
Old 09-13-2012, 11:06 AM
Administrator

The problem seems to be vbulletin board user issues with it (many complaints about tapatalk taking their boards down). I just got an email about a major update coming soon, so maybe they'll address that issue.

Paula