Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Old 09-02-2012, 03:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to Redfish62
Default Abram's creek

I always question if this should be fly fishing the smokies or warm water. But had the opportunity to get in some fishing this morning and went to Abram's in Happy vally. Lot's of small agressive bronze backs that it was great till a bout 1 and it shut off. I am shure if I wated till it rained it was turned back on.

Old 09-03-2012, 10:09 AM

Smile Nice Report

Don't see too many reports on this section. I love to paddle that section of river down to the lake. On one trip I spooked the biggest fish I have ever seen in the park. I wasn't a trout fisherman at the time, but I believe it was a huge Brown As you paddle down there are a few spots that seem to be a fishing spot that the adjacent land owners use, but besides that the place is always remote, and a great get away from the crowds.

Did you hike down the trail below the bridge, or fish up from the ranger station? Also is it too much to ask what you caught them on. I am completely ignorant when it comes to anything other than trout on a fly rod.

Thanks
Old 09-03-2012, 02:07 PM

Send a message via AIM to Redfish62

I fished upstream and down stream from the foot bridge. Fishing was better than I expected with the stream being so low. But it is a quite stretch that gets little pressure as best I can tell. It's about ten miles from my house and I have seen some nice trout in that stretch in the spring when the waters cool. I have fantasies about big browns but have not fulfilled them.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:09 AM

Abrams creek is where I caught my first smallie on a fly. It came from the camp ground section. Smallies range I think all the way to the falls. Although their numbers dwindle as you get closer to the falls. I've seen good fish in the Little Bottoms area also. It's been awhile since I've been there,but I bet nothings changed. Seems like I caught most of my fish on an olive wooley bugger. Maybe it's time for a little exploring.
Lynn