Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 10-06-2012, 06:07 PM

Default Cherokee Indian Reservation

Has anyone fished the Cherokee reservation waters recently? Never been there but have heard about trophy section as well as fishing in the park upstream. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:39 PM

Default Reservation ~~ Trophy Water

We fished the Trophy section this past Saturday with the Project Healing Waters.... there were about 50-60 vets and about 30 + volunteers to help them... Everyone caught fish... these guys and gals seemed to really enjoy themselves. The Reservation and Project had put (I heard) 7000 lbs. of fish in for this weekend.... and I believe it ....we caught some large trout...

I would think that as soon as the weather settles down some there would be some great fishing in the Trophy section

Last edited by fearnofishbob; 10-08-2012 at 10:40 PM.. Reason: and & gals
Old 10-12-2012, 10:20 PM

Default Return to Cherokee

My fishing buddy and I returned to Cherokee today to fish the water that the reservation had stocked for the Project Healing Waters last Saturday. We did not fish the "trophy water" instead we went to a couple of places where the reservatons had placed fish for the vets..... We caught 20-25 real nice fat rainbows most in the 12"-15" range with a couple over 18" .....weather was great, fishing was great, fellowship was great........ can't ask for more than that !!!!!!!....