Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 11-02-2012, 08:30 PM

Default Made it to a little piece of Heaven on the Hiwassee today.

Left the house at about 2 p.m. and stopped by the fly shop to check the flow schedule and just happened to meet a fellow member of our board and guide on the Hiwassee. Pleasure meeting you Skip.

The weather enroute, couldn't have been more beautiful. I must say it was a very difficult day on the water as all generators were running with the water down stream and the wind must have been 20-30mph. thru the gorge back at me up stream.

However, one was watching from above and allowed me to bring a beauty to hand. As everything above ground was in its stage of passing, the stream bottom was coming alive and in bloom.

Yes,.... a Bald Eagle!!!

Underwater pic.

Abbey - wanted to attend today but had chores to do.

Life Is Good!!!!!

Thank You,

Breck
Old 11-06-2012, 09:17 PM

Nice pics Breck. Your getting good with that camera. I fished yesterday on one continious turbine. Fish were rising sporadically, but about 1/2 of the rises were real nice fish. I only fished for about 1 hr. Crought 5. Two were 15 plus, all caught on a #16 gray caddis emerger. The best was extremely bright colored and would not tire out. These Hiwassee holdovers are a lot of fun to catch. Been years since the Hiwassee has fished this good. Going to be a great winter and spring. I can't say enough about how well TWRA has done with the Delayed Harvest Section on the Hiwassee this year. I never thought that I would see the river in this shape again. You are going to have to show me how to post pics on here Breck. Looks like we will be catching some fish worthy of sharing with our friends for a change.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:49 PM

Default Paddlefish - Please shoot me an email

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddlefish View Post
Nice pics Breck. Your getting good with that camera. I fished yesterday on one continious turbine. Fish were rising sporadically, but about 1/2 of the rises were real nice fish. I only fished for about 1 hr. Crought 5. Two were 15 plus, all caught on a #16 gray caddis emerger. The best was extremely bright colored and would not tire out. These Hiwassee holdovers are a lot of fun to catch. Been years since the Hiwassee has fished this good. Going to be a great winter and spring. I can't say enough about how well TWRA has done with the Delayed Harvest Section on the Hiwassee this year. I never thought that I would see the river in this shape again. You are going to have to show me how to post pics on here Breck. Looks like we will be catching some fish worthy of sharing with our friends for a change.
breckdavis100@gmail.com

Breck