Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Rod Building

Old 12-10-2012, 10:54 PM

Default Walter Babb Bamboo Rod Pt. 1

Today was a great day in that it ended a 8 - 9 month journey that I can honestly admit was like waiting for a baby!!

Thanks to Trout Fest 2012 and those who put in the long hours to pull this event together which was my first. If not for you, I would not have met some of the greatest people I have ever met.

Walter Babb,... maybe by Christmas you will have an IPad or computer and be able to read this World Wide Web thing. Thank you for mentoring me, the many breakfasts together, the fishing, the old world craftsmanship and 9 months of your life and the labor you took, to provide me with a gift I hope to pass on to mine. I don't take you for granted!!

I hope to post pictures this week of the rod along with the hatches and fish it will cause to rise in its presence!!!!

Breck

Old 12-11-2012, 04:09 PM

Definately post some pics and reports on how you enjoy your new rod. I can't wait till I get my second babb rod.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:09 PM

Both Paula and I each have our own cherished Walter Babb fly rod. Mine is a Payne 4 wt. I have known Walter for 20 years. He is one of the nicest people I have ever met. He has an incredible mind, memory and a great sense of humor. Walter works at our store as an instructor twice a month. I really look forward to those days. What a great guy and friend. Don't count on him seeing this on a computer or iPad. It won't happen. That's one of the cool things about Walter.

Byron
Old 12-20-2012, 09:53 PM

Byron, I am learning everything you've just stated.

See you Jan.5th.

Breck
Old 12-21-2012, 12:01 PM

Default Mr. Walter Babb

I definitely want to chime in on Mr. Babb.
I got to meet him and take a few notes as he tied flies at Troutfest. He is a great person, easy to talk to and fully shares tips and information. I hope to get a fly rod from him soon. He is an excellent ambassador for trout fishing.

Hal M
Old 12-22-2012, 09:45 AM

When you decide to let Walter build you a rod schedule a day to go up and spend a few hours with him. He will have many rods for you to cast and find the tApers you like. He can also give you the history of each taper and original builder. I am taking a fly tying clAss from him and can't wait for that