Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 12-30-2012, 09:00 PM

Default Hiwassee On A Cold Day

Met with a great friend today. Biscuits and Gravy for breakfast, tied flies met with more great friends then drifted the Hiwassee. The sun was coming up with the moon fading.

The water was 49 degrees and the temp outside was 37. We saw no fellow fly fishers on the water today.

First fish on GKnat.

After many to hand the sun was getting high.

Many on a Wooly Bug.

Drifting in a Clacka Craft given to us by Dean was a pure joy today. 2 generators running. Dean, Thank You for a great Day!!

The sun was getting low and the temps as well. The rowing got to be very quick at this moment.

Jason, after many years without sticks in your hand you performed as a pro and Thank You for being a Great Guide and Best Friend!!

Great day with great friends on the close of a great year. Thank you J.J. and Dean.T

Breck

Last edited by Breck; 02-26-2013 at 09:29 PM..
Old 12-30-2012, 11:02 PM

Good post breck. I hanent fished hiwassee in many years and your post has made me miss it. That camera seems to be doing you a fine job. Hope to see you up at pro for fly tying classes in Jan
Old 12-30-2012, 11:37 PM

Hardcore, no doubt about it. I used to be mean enough to fish during this type of weather, old age has made me soft.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:50 PM

Nice pics Breck. The wife and I are heading down Wednesday afternoon to the mountain home and staying through the weekend. If all goes well, I will be on the water all four days for a least several hours at a shot. Hopefully I will have some luck if you did not give all the fish sore lips!!! Did you see any winter stoneflies yet? Last year almost to the day, we were on the water the same time and the fishing was insane with all the stonesflies and a great hatch of caddis. I am hoping for the same or similar situation this time around.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:36 PM

Breck, awesome report as always!!! I was remembering the Hiwassee just a couple of days ago and thinking about all the great winter days I've spent there. Glad you had a good trip. Don't get too spoiled floating...
"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

http://thetroutzone.blogspot.com
http://www.troutzoneanglers.com
Old 12-31-2012, 10:16 PM

Flyman, no stone flys yet. The G-Gnat did very well Sunday. I plan on fishing the Hiwassee again tomorrow and will post you a report.

David, hope all is well with you. Leave Wednesday for the Smokies till next Monday. Nothing but fishing all week and fly tying Saturday with Walter.

David, I will email you soon ref. advice.

Tomorrow is the first day of the "Great Times" of this new year to come.

Happy New Year to all!!!!

Breck